Monday, April 09, 2007

Princeton Professor who criticized Bush added to terrorist 'no-fly' list

A top Constitutional scholar from Princeton who gave a televised speech that slammed President George W. Bush's executive overreach recently learned that he had been added to the Transportation Security Administration's terrorist watch list. He shared his experience this weekend at the law blog Balkinization.

Walter F. Murphy, the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence, Emeritus, at Princeton University, attempted to check his luggage at the curbside in Albuquerque before boarding a plane to Newark, New Jersey. Murphy was told he could not use the service.

"I was denied a boarding pass because I was on the Terrorist Watch list," he said.

Read the rest here

1 comment:

Alice Lillie said...

You have to wonder just who these thousands on the watch lists are.

I know that I have not tried to fly, but because I have spoken out against the Bush regime many times it would not surprise me in the least if I were singled out for thorough search at least, or just kept off as a harassment measure. (I have no record of violence whatsoever, mainly because I don't use violence.)

To read of why I am so fiercely against Bush, please see My most recent essay is now up.