Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wayne Fincher Militia Case Appellan't Principle Brief

I have not posted in forever, even though I really intended to get back at it. I have been mucho busy, especially on grass-roots efforts in support of Ron Paul's nomination for GOP presidential candidate.

I have also been assisting in the appellant brief for Hollis Wayne Fincher, the Arkansas County Militia officer convicted of federal firearms violations. You can find more on the case here.

I am proud to have had the chance to help on Mr. Fincher's appeal, even if only in a small way.

Quentin Rhoades, of Missoula Montana, is the attorney of record on the appeal, and did the lions share of the work, but he was kind enough to let me write the section of the brief that discusses how the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms, not a collective right. That portion of the brief begins at page 26 and ends at page 42.

You can read the entire brief here.

I did the best I could, in the time and space constraints we were given, to make as strong an argument as possible in the section I wrote. I also strove to make an argument that is as true and accurate a statement as possible of the constitutional principles and history that Wayne holds dear, and that he relied upon when taking the actions he felt compelled to take as an American patriot.

For Liberty,

Stewart Rhodes

No comments: